If you've known me for any amount of time, then you're quite aware of my love for puns. It is, perhaps, true that I overuse this literary device, but can you blame me? I mean, come on! Puns are everywhere. Not to mention, they're funny. One of my favorites is the visual pun. In high school, I actually carried around a picture which I used to answer questions. I'd pull it out when ever possible just to get a laugh.
Teacher: "Did you do your homework, Mr. Schwirian?"
Me: (pulling image from my pocket) "A frayed knot..."
Another classic story was related to me by a friend. He described a situation where one of his professors walked into class threw his test papers on the ground and stood on top of them saying "Today, we're going to go over the test".
Bravo, I say. Bravo!
I hope this entry hasn't been too pungent.
Teacher: "Did you do your homework, Mr. Schwirian?"
Me: (pulling image from my pocket) "A frayed knot..."
Another classic story was related to me by a friend. He described a situation where one of his professors walked into class threw his test papers on the ground and stood on top of them saying "Today, we're going to go over the test".
Bravo, I say. Bravo!
I hope this entry hasn't been too pungent.
3 comments:
oh god... i hate you...
i really did just die a little inside...
Mike,
This is Paul over here from Linux Lore . Awhile ago you ran into an issue with a blog import tool that I wrote. More recently I improved the error messages it had with LiveJournal posts. If you still want to import your blog from livejournal, I am willing to help.
This is a .NET 2.0 application now.
.NET 2.0 download
The beta version of lj2blogger 2.0 is at lj2blogger download if you are interested.
If you bump into trouble, feel free to start up a conversation with me at
lj2blogger at gmail dot com.
Post a Comment